Reasons to love Sukka: #8 Their Flirting
Suki: And look at you, sleeveless guy. Been working out?
Sokka: Ahhh, I’ll grab a tree branch and do a few chin touches every now and then. Nothing major.
One thing about Suki and Sokka that I adore is how serious they are and yet playful at the same time. They have such a good and balanced relationship, even with the war going on.
What is great about this scene is that it expands on their playful side. It shows that they aren’t all about the serious stuff. It also shows that Suki isn’t trying to take away Sokka’s funny side. She can be just as playful as he is. Sure, she tends to be more serious, but that isn’t a bad thing. She isn’t sitting there telling him how to act. She’s just helping him become the man he wants to be by helping him grow and supporting him.
Here Suki can’t help but remember how attracted she is to Sokka, an she isn’t one to hide things. She figures that kiss on the cheek is proof enough that she has feelings for him, so why hide it. Suki is such a strong character, and isn’t afraid or ashamed of her emotions and feelings. She puts things out there, which is something many other people are scared to do. It just shows what a strong female character she is. Not only is she an amazing warrior, but she’s also strong emotionally.
And, Sokka can’t help but bask in the admiration. A cute girl thinking he’s hot? A cute girl like Suki thinking he’s hot? Yeah, he can live with that. Not to mention, he starts to open his heart back up after losing Yue. Seeing Suki again reminds him that love isn’t something out of reach for him.
But really, this is a scene that shows what a great couple they’ll become in the future. They be strong and loving, and most important, they’ll have fun as a couple. So not only is their relationship built on respect, which leads to the strongest relationships, but it’s full of fun, which makes for a long-lasting relationship.
Almost forgot to add: look at her giving him those bedroom eyes. She’s so undressing him with her eyes in this scene. Hey! She likes what she sees! Can you blame her?
- littleredstuff reblogged this from fanandboomerang
- teamavataralltheway likes this
- avenging-in-the-death-star likes this
- avenging-in-the-death-star reblogged this from fanandboomerang
- ninjagirlmai likes this
- littleredstuff likes this
- irohslotustile reblogged this from fanandboomerang
- kyakykreativitylover likes this
- anantaz likes this
- notmycabbage likes this
- fandomosaurus reblogged this from fanandboomerang
- abbyabsinthe reblogged this from fanandboomerang
- booksfangirling likes this
- southernbender likes this
- ladykofuku likes this
- herpaintedcanvas likes this
- emberfaye likes this
- fanandboomerang reblogged this from fanandboomerang
- crowntriple likes this
- massivefangirling likes this
- jesterlady likes this
- shesomething likes this
- girlwithfans reblogged this from fanandboomerang
- bendynonbender likes this
- ashappyasawhale likes this
- scarred-fate likes this
- teresa-nightingale likes this
- shirokuro-no-nizu likes this
- photodynamic-beats reblogged this from chihayahearts
- freedomsoutcast likes this
- bestilltherain likes this
- azul4 reblogged this from sokkafromthesouth
- sokkafromthesouth reblogged this from fullmetalfisting
- swag-chat reblogged this from ghostytriickster
- holdingflame reblogged this from fandomsaremy42 and added:
- island-of-mysfits reblogged this from fandomsaremy42 and added:
- yer-the-avatar-korra reblogged this from jbthedelirious
- koujakurin likes this
- fried-banana likes this
- legendofthelastairbender reblogged this from mastertheavatarstate
- angels-falling-in-transilor reblogged this from firelordtyzula
- angels-falling-in-transilor likes this
- cutiekekegirl likes this
- fandomsaremy42 reblogged this from jbthedelirious
- nsltwin likes this
- jbthedelirious reblogged this from firelordtyzula
- firelordtyzula reblogged this from mastertheavatarstate
- mastertheavatarstate reblogged this from ghostytriickster
- ghostytriickster reblogged this from suki-warrior-princess
- thesolis reblogged this from ishipmakorra